When deciding which university to attend for the following four years, it’s so valuable to look at the college you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting many different schools throughout the spring of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a pupil for each campus. What would we eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? for me personally, it finally clicked when i discovered a campus that i really could truly see myself doing all of the things and more and still be myself. I encourage all of our admitted students to take benefit of our admitted student programs throughout this next month to try to envision exactly what your USC experience could possibly be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until May 1, we already have students asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you decide to come to USC, listed here is an outline regarding the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you have not already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our internet site for lots more information about how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you’ve got a better chance of getting the sort of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you’re not 100% sure you’re arriving at USC year that is next it is possible to submit the housing application and $45 fee to put up your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over summer time. Orientation is a great chance to spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you certainly will also sign up for courses with a academic advisor. You shall be able to subscribe to an Orientation program 5 7 business times when you submit your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last high school transcript and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB high level exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
If you have concerns that are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are happy to help answer your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what exactly does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the united states (15% in last year’s freshman class!). We think that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a good learning environment by enabling for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted into the class.
Certain courses themselves are even created around providing students with the opportunity to interact with students from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending pupils abroad. We provide 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you don’t wish to keep away from USC for too long, we additionally offer many summer programs. For instance, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to fulfill leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast locations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language skills by spending a summer coping with a number family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students using the possibility to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For a couple of weeks, students will always be on-campus and investigate a concern that is worldwide in scope. They then travel towards the area they are researching, allowing them to round out their learning with hands-on finding. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, simply to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Of late, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already begun to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its worldwide existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized culture, it really is imperative that our students experience various cultures, along with having the possibility to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but our company is undoubtedly a place that is global!